Every Friday, Perfect Daily Grind rounds up the top coffee industry news from the previous week. Here are this week’s stories.
Mon, 27 Jun
- Specialty Coffee Association announces winners of several 2022 World Coffee Championships. The five competitions were held at World of Coffee Milan from 23 to 25 June, which had a record of more than 11,000 attendees.
- Carmen Clemente from Italy won the Latte Art Championship.
- Agnieszka Rojewska from Poland placed first in the Coffee in Good Spirits Championship.
- Heongwan Moon from South Korea won the Cup Tasters Championship.
- Felix Teiretzbacher from Austria placed first in the Roasting Championship.
- Michaela Ruazol from UAE won the Cezve/Ibrik Championship.
- Grand Havana Coffee launches CBD-infused coffee line. In partnership with Can B Corp, the Cuban company will assist in manufacturing a CBD additive to be added to roasted coffee. Grand Havana will release a CBD-infused medium-dark roast blend as the first product in the new line.
Tue, 28 Jun
Wed, 29 Jun
Thu, 30 Jun
- PRF Colombia takes place at Plaza Mayor in Medellín. More than 5,000 people are attending the two-day event, which includes a series of panels, lectures, workshops, and cuppings.
- The Origin Trip Experience was held from 26 to 29 June on several coffee farms, including Café Granja La Esperanza and Forest Coffee.
- The Café Pergamino Barista Jam competition and Toddy Cold Brew Championship will be held at the event.
- Diamond Sponsor Mayorga Coffee funded scholarship tickets for 500 producer attendees.
- Around 60 coffee professionals are taking part in 44 lectures and seven panel discussions.
Fri, 1 Jul
Here are a few news stories from previous weeks that you might find interesting. Take a look.
- Mon, 20 Jun – Costa Coffee ends annual Book Awards. The awards programme first launched in 1971 to share and raise the profile of books and authors published throughout each year.
Sign up to our weekly coffee news recap to get a summary of all the biggest stories in the sector, delivered straight to your inbox every Monday.
Want to keep up with current affairs in the coffee industry? Check out last week’s stories.